We provide platforms and network tools to share stories, initiatives and events across our network.
Unsung Heroes Student Video Project
Welcome to the landing page for the JSN’s Unsung Heroes video initiative. Here is the complete set of instructions to help your school be part of this project…
Unsung Heroes is an organization that helps schools create experiences and produce videos that spotlight special individuals in their school communities. The JSN is partnering with them in the hopes of getting students within our schools to share stories of their unsung heroes.
Creating Your School Video
WHO: We want the video to be produced by and voiced by students. A team of 3-5 on the production team along with 3-5 testimonials should suffice.
The person identified as the unsung hero can be any member of the school’s faculty and staff. Teachers, custodians, librarians, security guards, cafeteria workers, support staff – they are all welcome candidates!
WHAT: The video should adhere to the following parameters:
- It should focus on the unsung hero and show the person in their work environment such that their impact and sacrifice is understood.
- It can include “talking head” testimonials from students.
- It should be no longer than three minutes in length.
EXAMPLE VIDEOS: These videos that have been produced by Unsung Heroes are good examples of what this project is seeking to produce:
WHEN: Videos should be completed and sent to the JSN no later than April 30, 2020.
HOW: You can submit your completed video in one of the following ways:
- Upload it to a cloud storage of video platform of your choice (YouTube, Vimeo.etc) and then email the link to Dr. Tim Sassen at the JSN – email@example.com.
- Email Dr. Sassen and request a link to the JSN’s SharePoint cloud storage system.
Email Dr. Sassen with your questions. The JSN wants to support your efforts in whatever way we can!