Nativity Preparatory School of Boston, a tuition-free Jesuit school serving boys of all faiths from low-income backgrounds in the 4th-8th grade, seeks candidates for its Teaching Fellowship for 2019-2020 school year.
· January 4**: Submit completed application and résumé
· January 14-18: First-round interviews (by phone)
· January 28-February 15: Second-round interviews (at Nativity Prep)
· March 1: Notification of hiring decision
**Nativity Prep continues to accept applications after January 4, but positions will begin being filled on this timeline.
· Two-year commitment to Nativity Prep
· Live in community with other fellows at Burton House
· Teach (or co-teach) two classes
· Serve as an advisor to 2-3 students
· Supervise school-day activities (~2 periods per day, Monday-Friday)
· Supervise afternoon activities from 3:30-5 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
· Supervise evening study from 5-8 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday)
· Coordinate other school programs (e.g., serving as liaison to Boston College PULSE tutors) as assigned by the principal
· Room and board at Burton House (in Jamaica Plain)
· Medical and dental insurance
· $500/month stipend
· AmeriCorps Educational Award
· Access to school-owned vehicles for local transportation
· Opportunity to enroll tuition-free in a master’s degree program at the Boston College Lynch School of Education
· Chance to make a difference in the life of a Nativity Prep student
Prospective Teaching Fellows can find an application and further details about the position on the Nativity Prep website: https://www.nativityboston.org/teaching-fellowship/
Application materials and/or questions can be sent to the principal, Kyle Mullins, at firstname.lastname@example.org.