St. Ignatius College Preparatory is hiring for a full-time Instructor in the Religious Studies Department, with focused expertise in human sexuality, Scripture, and Catholic Social Teaching.
St. Ignatius is a Catholic, Jesuit coeducational school in San Francisco.
A successful candidate for this position will:
• have a Master’s degree or equivalent in Catholic Theology or related field;
• possess a lived experience of the Catholic faith tradition;
• understand Ignatian spirituality and pedagogy;
• be prepared to make significant contributions to the larger co-curricular and Campus Ministry areas of the school community;
• have significant experience with educational technology;
• have 3+ years of previous secondary-level teaching experience;
• possess a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
• thrive in a collaborative, dynamic, and faithful learning community.
A successful candidate for this position will also demonstrate:
• understanding of and respect for adolescent’s lived social and emotional reality;
• an ability to animate complex theological concepts with real world applications;
• a generous work ethic, flexibility & generosity in working with others;
• values collaboration and dialogue across lines of difference; can reference personal relationships outside his/her/their own particular social identity groups;
• an ability to animate liberating and culturally proficient voices within the Catholic and Ignatian tradition;
• a desire to bring “unchurched” students into the larger Catholic community in a way that is inviting.
Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and references at:
St. Ignatius College Prep Mission Statement
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is a Catholic, Jesuit school serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1855.
Through a rigorous and integrated program of academic, spiritual, and co-curricular activities, St. Ignatius challenges its students to lead lives of faith, integrity, and compassion.
Students are enriched by a diverse and loving Christian community and are called to become life-long learners who develop their individual talents for the greater glory of God.
With a commitment to intellectual excellence, leadership, service, and justice, we strive to be men and women for and with others, responding courageously to the opportunities and challenges of our time.
St. Ignatius Religious Studies Department Mission Statement
As companions of Jesus, in Religious Studies we are committed to education that:
• creates experiences where students and teachers encounter the living God through shared inquiry, discernment and prayer;
• equips us to respond to the call of Jesus, as St. Ignatius did, by becoming leaders of competence, conscience and compassion in a multicultural world with a faith that seeks justice.