PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Regis High School is a Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school for approximately 530 academically gifted and talented young men. Located in New York City and founded in 1914, Regis is the only Jesuit, full-scholarship high school in the country. Regis is committed to both academic excellence and fostering a spirit of generosity and service to those in need. Regis seeks to inspire and educate the ethnically diverse young men in its care to become imaginative Catholic leaders committed to promoting justice and exerting leadership in the Church, in their civic community, and in their future chosen profession.
Regis seeks a qualified candidate to join its faculty as a Physical Education Teacher beginning August 26, 2019 for the Academic Year 2019-2020. This is a full-time faculty position. Position comes with full benefits. Work hours may vary and will include some evenings and weekends for special school events. Salary is very competitive for the New York City area and is commensurate with experience. The 2019-20 school year for faculty members ends on June 12, 2020.
· B.S. Degree with a major in Physical Education
· Position includes teaching grades 9-12 including Health
· Position includes coaching interscholastic athletics
· Position includes facilitating school-wide intramural sports tournaments and supervising the fitness center.
· Experience working with adolescents
· Excellent organization and communication skills
· Master’s degree with at least 18 credits towards Physical Education or Athletic Administration
· Successful teaching experience (high school or higher education)
· Successful coaching experience (high school or higher education)
· Familiarity with and understanding of practical uses of technology for instruction
Specifically, the Faculty Member, whether part-time or full time:
1. supports the Jesuit/Catholic mission of the school
2. works in collaboration with the administration in observing the principles and ideals for which Regis High School stands and should conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner which shall not bring reproach upon himself/herself;
3. devotes energies to teaching in conformity with the policies of Regis High School and is subject at all times to the general control and supervision of the Principal;
4. responsible also for ongoing professional development, the customary conferences with students and parents, individual guidance of students, serving as an academic advisor with a student advisement group, direction of student extracurricular activities, service on faculty committees, active service in studying department and school issues, preparation of syllabi, attendance at events listed in the school’s Employee Handbook under “Faculty Staff Participation in Key Events,” attendance at faculty meetings, and participation in other such professional incidental services, in the judgment of the Principal, as the needs of the school require;
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a list of three references by email to Ms. Silvia Gerber, Secretary to the Search Committee, email@example.com. Qualified applicants, when all their required documents are submitted, will be contacted regarding next steps. Regis is an equal opportunity employer.