The College Counselor reports to the Director of College Counseling in a team-oriented department; practices ethical and professional standards of a college counseling program; and promotes Jesuit values and student success.
- Providing direct counseling and guidance to students and families in all grade levels.
- Writing clear, personalized, and effective letters of recommendation.
- Assisting students in meeting admissions and financial-aid deadlines.
- Coordinating group meetings for parents and students, an annual mock application program, college visits, speaker events, and helping students identify summer enrichment programs.
- Representing the school at conferences and college visit programs, and hosting university representatives on campus.
- Incorporating technology whenever possible to streamline work and enhance service to students.
- Participating in informational evenings throughout the school year and coordinating with local colleges to disseminate information on multiple topics.
- Teaching a college counseling class throughout the year, assisting with administering standardized testing on campus, and performing other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Excellent counseling, writing, and communication skills, and good technological proficiency.
· A minimum of three years of experience in college counseling and/or selective admissions.
Date Needed: August 2019, for the 2019-20 school year.