Jesuit is currently reviewing qualified Social Studies teachers who could also help us grow Jesuit’s full time policy debate coaching staff. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your discipline expertise as well as interest in policy debate.
A successful applicant would teach full time in the Social Studies Department. This teaching load will include sections of a freshman level Rhetoric and Civics class required for all freshmen. This course uses policy debate as a tool for introduction to research, argument and public speaking.
In addition to the teaching duties, a successful applicant would work with the existing coaching staff as an assistant coach. The assistant coach would be expected to work with individual policy debaters throughout the week; to contribute to development and execution of arguments; and to support the maintenance and expansion of the varsity and novice debate team participation. Since the team does not have a competitive debate class during the course of the day, the assistant coach would be expected to participate fully in formal practices which occur after school.
Specific coaching responsibilities:
- Attending 1-2 local, TFA State – qualifying tournaments a month
- Attend 1 regional or national tournament per month
- Attend all post season tournaments for which Jesuit qualifies teams including TFA State, JV and Novice Nationals and the NDCA National Championships.
- In conjunction with rest of coaching staff, assistant coach will participate in after school practices; help debates in argument development; listen to practice speeches outside of after school practice;
- Bachelors degree or higher required
- Experience with Policy Debate required
- Familiarity with Verbatim required and with Stratus helpful
Please direct any questions to Tracy McFarland at email@example.com or Dan Lingel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit resumes: https://jesuitcp.applicantstack.com/x/openings