Regis seeks a qualified candidate to join its faculty as a part-time Arts teacher with instruction in music and graphic design beginning August 26, 2019 for the Academic Year 2019-20. Salary is very competitive for the New York City area and is commensurate with experience. The 2019-2020 school year for faculty members ends on June 12, 2020.
· B.A./B.S. Degree with a major or minor in music
· Position includes teaching music theory/history/appreciation
· Experience working with adolescents
· Excellent organization and communication skills
· Masters Degree in Music or related field
· Successful teaching experience (high school or higher education)
· Familiarity with and understanding of practical uses of technology for instruction
· Experience in Graphic Design
Specifically, the Faculty Member:
1. supports the Jesuit/Catholic mission of the school
2. works in collaboration with the administration in observing the principles and ideals for which Regis High School stands and should conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner which shall not bring reproach upon himself/herself;
3. devotes energies to teaching in conformity with the policies of Regis High School and is subject at all times to the general control and supervision of the Principal;
4. will perform services that include the preparation of examinations, the correction and assignment of grades, and assigned proctoring;
5. responsible also for ongoing professional development, the customary conferences with students and parents, individual guidance of students, serving as an academic advisor with a student advisement group, direction of student extracurricular activities, service on faculty committees, active service in studying department and school issues, preparation of syllabi, attendance at events listed in the school’s Faculty Handbook under “Faculty Staff Participation in Key Events,” attendance at faculty meetings, and participation in other such professional incidental services, in the judgment of the Principal, the needs of the school require;
6. will be generally available to the students in his/her assigned office through the school day when not teaching class; further, is to have one hour after school availability weekly, according to a schedule subject to the approval of the Principal.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a list of three references by email to Ms. Silvia Gerber, Secretary to the Search Committee, email@example.com. Qualified applicants, when all their required documents are submitted, will be contacted regarding next steps. Regis is an equal opportunity employer.