Administrative Assistant for the Principal
The Administrative Assistant for the Principal provides administrative support to the Principal and Principal’s office, including assisting faculty, staff, parents and students.
The Administrative Assistant for the Principal is a 12-month position that is a direct report to the Principal.
· Provides administrative support to the Principal.
· Prepares internal and external correspondence for the Principal.
· Disseminates information to staff, parents and students.
· Oversees office budgets and pays department bills.
· Manages the Principal’s calendar.
· Manages the Principal’s phone and email messages.
· Ensures compliance with various state and accrediting organizations.
· Prepares teacher and extra duty contracts.
· Take minutes at various meetings.
· Manages Administrative Cost Reimbursement.
· Updates reports for the JSN, OCSAA, ODE and Archdiocese.
· Works with the Assistant Principal for Student Services to plan graduation.
· Creates schedules for visitors to the school.
· Programs daily bells and ensures that the school day is running on schedule.
· Organizes various events such as picture day, class night, faculty meetings, parent prefect meeting, host families, student observers and student teachers, and meals for various events.
· Other daily duties as assigned
The Administrative Assistant to the Principal shall be a person who has a dynamic personality, is organized, well rounded, engaging, and who facilitates growth and collaboration inside and outside of the office. Additionally, they will:
· Provide evidence of an ability and commitment to furthering the Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity of the school.
· Have a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience.
· Show demonstrated track-record of success in a professional setting.
· Display patience, tact, and excellent communication skills.
· Possess strong organizational talents.
· Possess excellent writing skills.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and database software.
· Demonstrate creativity, flexibility, a positive attitude, and a warm, outgoing personality.
· Have poise in a busy setting serving patrons and staff with high expectations.
· Establish effective working relationships with community, state, and federal organizations.
· Engaging and approachable
· Communicator & collaborator
· Able to balance a variety of competing priorities
Please have the following key information at the ready: -resume -cover letter -three references
The application process will take between 5-15 minutes to complete with your key information available.
Application Deadline: 2/22/19